Planning Section Chief
Course Title:Planning Section Chief (PSC) Course
This course is designed to provide local and F/P/T level emergency responders with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective PSC on an All-Hazards Incident Management Team.These responsibilities fall into two categories: PSC duties 1) managing the planning cycle and 2) tracking resources and incident status. Exercises, simulations, discussions, and a final exam enable students to process and apply their new knowledge.
ICS CANADA Position Specific training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to functional, support, or unit leader positions on Type III All-Hazards Incident Management Teams (AHIMT), or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions.
- Describe the function of the Planning Section and the roles and responsibilities of the Planning Section Chief
- Describe the information gathered from the initial meetings, briefings and documents
- Describe the function of the Resources Unit and the roles and responsibilities of the Resources Unit Leader
- Describe the function of the Situation Unit and the roles and responsibilities of the Situation Unit Leader
- Describe the purpose, timing and structure of each of the meetings, briefings and documents in the Planning Cycle
- Identify key strategies for interacting with members of the Planning Section, members of the IMT, and personnel outside of the IMT
- Describe the responsibilities of the Documentation Unit and Demobilization Unit Leaders and the purpose of the Final Incident Package
Prerequisites Required - ICS 100, 200, 300
Course Length:3 days – 21 hrs
Recommended Class Size: 15 – 2 Instructors